Monday, March 3, 2014

Finneas

One of my biggest accomplishments in life was the time I won a gold medal at Tae Kwon Do. Tae Kwon Do is a Korean martial art. At the moment my belt is a brown stripe. but when I entered the tournament two years ago I was only a red belt. I got the medal for my flying side kick. I thought I was going to get a silver medal, but I got a gold medal.

            As I sat in the waiting area, I looked around. I looked over at the entrance to the testing ring and saw wood chips scatter across the red and blue mat from a board that one of the competitions had just broken. When it was my turn, I ran at the board jumped, stuck my leg out, and closed my eyes. I felt happy and surprised when I broke the board clean in half. I had a good time.


            It took a lot of hard work to win the medal. I had to practice every day. I had to work on m y jump and aim. When the time came, I was able to kick the board in the center, and that is how I achieved my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment